Steven E. Ritchie , CPA, CFE , Managing Partner
Steve serves a diverse group of Kernutt Stokes clients, with a focus on privately held, owner-managed, entrepreneurial businesses in the insurance, technology, retail, wholesale, and manufacturing industries. In addition to accounting, auditing and tax planning services, Steve also provides internal control evaluation, litigation support, financial reporting, financial analysis, business planning and management consulting services. He is a Certified Fraud Examiner and has significant experience providing fraud prevention and detection services.
In addition to his work with clients, Steve helps the firm stay focused on continued growth and profitability. He is instrumental in charting the firm’s strategy and is actively involved in its execution and implementation, which includes managing staff development, overseeing the firm’s leading-edge technology and spearheading the firm’s efforts to provide superior service for all Kernutt Stokes clients.
Steve is a native of Oregon and grew up in Portland. After graduating from the University of Oregon in 1993, he spent three years serving as the General Manager for his family business, managing personnel and operations for the company’s two locations. Steve joined Kernutt Stokes in 1996, and became a partner in 2007. He lives in Eugene with his wife, Jill, and their son. In his free time, Steve enjoys spending time with his family and playing golf.
Professional Designations and Licenses
- Certified Public Accountant – Oregon
- National Association of Securities Dealers Series 66
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants(AICPA)
- Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA)- Former Chair, LSAC
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- Oregon Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (OACFE)
- Eugene Montessori School – Treasurer, Board of Directors
- University of Oregon – Bachelor of Science, Accounting and Finance (1993)