Scott R. Wright , CPA , Partner
As a partner in the audit and accounting department, Scott works with a broad array of businesses including manufacturing, wholesale, retail, real estate, professional, agribusiness, construction companies and not-for-profit organizations. Scott serves his clients as a trusted business advisor, providing audit, tax, business consultation and management advisory services.
In addition to his client service commitments, he closely monitors the ever-changing regulatory environment and dedicates a significant amount of time to building an understanding of the current accounting landscape. Scott shares this knowledge with associates, colleagues and members of the business community through seminars and presentations. He is a former chair of the Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants, a former member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Council and has been appointed by the governor to serve on the Oregon State Board of Accountancy.
Scott is a native of Detroit, Michigan. After graduating from the University of Oregon in 1980, he began his career with the firm of Kohnen, Larson, MacDonald, Wright and Company, PC, eventually becoming a partner. Scott transitioned into the partnership of Kernutt Stokes when the two firms merged in 1998. He and his wife, Kris, reside in Eugene. In his free time, Scott enjoys spending time outdoors and hunting.
Professional Designations and Licenses
- Certified Public Accountant – Oregon
- National Association of Securities Dealers Series 66
- American Institute of Public Accountants (AICPA) – Former Council Member
- Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA) – Former Chair
- Eugene Active 20/30 Club – Former President
- Emerald Empire Local Service Area of the Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants – Former Chair
- University of Oregon – Bachelor of Business Administration (1980)