“I’ve always lived by the philosophy that you should serve others as you would like to be served. As a result of this commitment, my clients benefit from my personal dedication.”
– Warren W. Barnes
Warren leads the delivery of tax consulting, compliance and management advisory services to a number of Kernutt Stokes clients. He advises closely held corporations, partnerships and individuals on issues related to financial planning, estate and gift planning, federal and state tax compliance and tax consulting. While he has experience working with clients in a broad range of industries, he currently focuses on businesses in the transportation, retail, manufacturing and professional services industries.
Warren grew up in Provo, Utah and received his Bachelor and Master’s degrees from Brigham Young University. He started his career in the Washington, DC area at the international firm of KPMG in 1987, where he spent five years providing accounting and tax services for clients. Warren joined Kernutt Stokes in 1992. He and his wife, Kathy, raised their four adult children in Eugene. In his spare time, he enjoys volunteering within the community, participating in church leadership, swimming, and traveling.
Professional Designations and Licenses
- Certified Public Accountant – Oregon
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants(AICPA)
- Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA)
- AGN International – Past Board Chair
- Eugene Symphony Association – Board Member
- Brigham Young University
- Master of Accountancy, emphasis in tax (1986)
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting (1986)