Kernutt Stokes Offices
Our offices have reopened, however, we highly encourage the continued use of our virtual office option as well as electronic communications.
If you are coming into one of our offices, the following guidelines will be enforced:
- Masks are required and to be worn at all times. If you don’t have a mask with you, we will provide you with one.
- If you have been exposed to COVID-19, or are feeling unwell, please refrain from coming into our office. We can arrange to meet with you virtually or you may drop off documents in our secure drop-box locations.
- Maintain social distancing.
Electronic Communications Options
To help prevent potential virus spread, we continue to recommend sharing information using electronic options whenever possible. We are using telephone and video conferencing for virtual meetings and have suspended all face-to-face client meetings. We encourage you to send documents to us electronically through our secure file sharing platform, Sharefile, available on our website. Additionally, we urge you to take advantage of the option to receive electronic delivery and electronically sign your tax returns this year. As an added benefit, if you e-file your federal tax return, you often can begin tracking your refund as soon as 24 hours after the IRS accepts it.
Virtual Office Guidelines:
- Installation of secure “drop-box” in Eugene, Corvallis, and Bend.
- A four day quarantine of any physical documents received (via drop-box or mail).
- Encourage virtual meetings in place of face-to face client meetings.
- Suspension of physical document delivery to clients.
- Electronic delivery of tax returns, financial statements, and other reports.
- Electronic client signatures on client tax returns (whenever possible).
- Electronic delivery of Kernutt Stokes invoices for our individual tax clients. If you would like electronic invoices for your business, please let your client advisor know whom we should send them to.