Warren W. Barnes , CPA, Partner
Warren leads the delivery of tax consulting, compliance and management advisory services to a number of Kernutt Stokes clients. He advises closely held corporations, partnerships and individuals on issues related to financial planning, estate and gift planning, federal and state tax compliance and tax consulting. While he has experience working with clients in a broad range of industries, he currently focuses on businesses in the transportation, retail, manufacturing and professional services industries.
Warren grew up in Provo, Utah and received his Bachelor and Master’s degrees from Brigham Young University. He started his career in the Washington, DC area at the international firm of KPMG in 1987, where he spent five years providing accounting and tax services for clients. Warren joined Kernutt Stokes in 1992. He and his wife, Kathy, have four children, and make their home in Eugene. In his spare time, he enjoys volunteering within the community, participating in church leadership, cycling and swimming.
Professional Designations and Licenses
- Certified Public Accountant – Oregon
- National Association of Securities Dealers Series 66
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants(AICPA)
- Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA)
- AGN International – Board Chair
- Emerald Executive Association – Treasurer
- Eugene Symphony Association – Board Member, Treasurer
- Brigham Young University
- Master of Accountancy, emphasis in tax (1986)
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting (1986)