Steven E. Ritchie , CPA, CFE , Partner
Steve serves a diverse group of Kernutt Stokes clients, with a focus on privately held, owner-managed, entrepreneurial businesses in the insurance, technology, retail, wholesale, and manufacturing industries. In addition to accounting, auditing and tax planning services, Steve also provides internal control evaluation, litigation support, financial reporting, financial analysis, business planning and management consulting services. He is a Certified Fraud Examiner and has significant experience providing fraud prevention and detection services.
In addition to his client service, Steve takes an active role in promoting practice development within the firm. He is a member of the Audit and Accounting Committee and is in charge of staff scheduling – making certain that each client receives the appropriate attention and highest quality of service. A sought-after speaker, Steve frequently presents on topics relating to fraud prevention, financial planning and audit and accounting.
Steve is a native of Oregon and grew up in Portland. After graduating from the University of Oregon in 1993, he spent three years serving as the General Manager for his family business, managing personnel and operations for the company’s two locations. Steve joined Kernutt Stokes in 1996, and became a partner in 2007. He lives in Eugene with his wife, Jill, and their son. In his free time, Steve enjoys spending time with his family and playing golf.
Professional Designations and Licenses
- Certified Public Accountant – Oregon
- National Association of Securities Dealers Series 66
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants(AICPA)
- Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA)- Former Chair, LSAC
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- Oregon Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (OACFE)
- Eugene Montessori School – Treasurer, Board of Directors
- University of Oregon – Bachelor of Science, Accounting and Finance (1993)