Donald J. Lance , CPA , Partner
Don specializes in federal and multi-state corporate taxation and also works extensively with closely-held family business groups on a wide variety of corporate, partnership, individual, estate and trust tax matters. While he has worked with clients in a broad array of industries, he has deep experience in the forest products and manufacturing sectors.
Don was raised in Eugene, Oregon, and attended the University of Oregon, where he graduated summa cum laude. He worked nine years for PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP, where as a senior tax manager, he provided income tax consulting and compliance services to businesses and individuals. Don then served as tax director at Monaco Coach Corporation for more than eight years, before joining Kernutt Stokes in 2008.
Don and his wife reside in Alvadore, and have two adult daughters. While not in the office, Don enjoys traveling, hiking, gardening, and participating in other outdoor activities. Don has also been active as a volunteer for many community organizations.
Professional Designations and Licenses
- Certified Public Accountant – Oregon
- National Association of Securities Dealers Series 66
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA) – Member of the Forest Products Committee
- Eugene Active 20-30 Club – Former President
- Eugene-Springfield Oregon Club – Former President
- Relief Nursery – Former President
- University of Oregon – Bachelor of Science in Accounting, summa cum laude (1989)