As a manager in the firm’s tax department, Zoe provides tax planning, compliance, and consulting to a variety of clients, including high net worth individuals and small businesses in the manufacturing, wholesale, retail, real estate, and not-for-profit organizations. She specializes in corporate taxes, partnership taxation, state and local taxes, as well as nonprofit taxes. She also specializes in foreign taxes and Chinese is her native language. Zoe is Kernutt Stokes’ primary resource in compliance and consulting services for Chinese speaking clients that invest or do business in the U.S. Her goal is simple – serve the Chinese community without a language barrier.
Zoe grew up in China, and moved to the U.S. to complete her graduate education at the University of Texas at Austin, where she earned a Master of Professional Accounting (MPA) degree. After graduating and gaining relevant professional experience, she joined the Kernutt Stokes team in 2008. She currently lives in Eugene, Oregon, where she is actively involved in the local Asian community and serves on the Board of Eugene-Springfield Asian Council as well as the Asian American Foundation of Oregon. In her free time away from the office, she enjoys hiking, gardening, and spending time with her husband, Fang, and their two children.
Professional Designations and Licenses
- Certified Public Accountant – Oregon
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA)
- Eugene-Springfield Tax Association
- Eugene-Springfield Asian Council
- Chinese-American Benevolent Association, Eugene
- University of Texas at Austin – Master of Professional Accounting (2001)
- Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China (1995)