Mary is responsible for leading the firm’s human resources, recruiting and personnel management. She is involved in the development and administration of all firm-wide procedures and people-related initiatives. Mary works closely with the firm’s partners to ensure the firm’s policies and procedures are consistent with Kernutt Stokes’ overall goals.
Mary is a native of California. Prior to joining Kernutt Stokes in 2004, she worked for four years as Controller for T.G.I. Friday’s, and in construction administration for seven years. She has also worked as an educator; most recently as an adjunct accounting professor at her Alma Mater, the University of Oregon. She lives in Springfield, and enjoys equestrian sports, dog agility training and reading.
Professional Designations and Licenses
- Oregon State Bar 2004
- Certified Public Accountant – Oregon
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Eugene Estate Planning Council – President
- Eugene-Springfield Tax Association – Former President
- Lane County Human Resource Management (LCHRM)
- Lane County Women Lawyers – Steering Committee
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA)
- University of Oregon
- Doctor of Jurisprudence (2003)
- Master of Business Administration, Finance (1999)
- Bachelor of Science (1997)